LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Boeshield T-9 and Johnson's paste wax. For the tools stored in drawers in my workbench (hand planes, chisels, etc.) I throw in a couple of bags of desiccant to retard moisture buildup (helps prevent rust).

·
Registered
568 Posts
Boeshield for rust removal then I hit my planes and cast iron table tops with Renaissance Wax since it isn't silicone based to interfere with finishes. I keep an oily rag in my sharpening station that is saturated with Camelia oil from years of wiping down tools and always wipe down my hand tools at the end of the day with it.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I just ordered a bottle of Carmelia Oil and a six pack of Bull Frog rust blocker strips from Highland Woodworking. Found some rust specs on my planes when I reopened my shop this spring. Will post a Review after I receive and evaluate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.