LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just finished building my house, largely by myself, and while cleaning up and organizing afterward this tool materialized. I assume it was left behind by a sub because I've never seen anything like it.

Google images established that it is a light saber plenum (which is great since I happen to have a 1.21 gigawatt power supply laying around from a project I did in the 80's).

What the heck is this thing?

Wood Tool Household hardware Composite material Nickel

Wood Household hardware Tool Auto part Hardwood

Attachments

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
It might be a wheel for pressing screens into a crack. Screen roller tool. Usually, they have one handle, but maybe this is one with a helper handle. But I don't know why that would need the spring-loaded plunger.

Or maybe metal bender used for flashing details.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses!
No screens in the house.
Not a flooring tool, I did all that myself.
I bent all metal flashings at our shop.
I thought drywall but I assisted the drywall finisher and never saw this.

My boss who has done extensive work in every trade has never seen it either!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, the spring adjusts tension on the pin but the collar that the pin passes through isn't threaded and slips out of the tube easily. The short, "handle" section is hollow and pinned to the square bar and attached to the centered pin.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Probably not even a tool. It could be part of your wife's curtain rods for all I know…

I keep checking on this thread that someone will solve this mystery for us, but, bupkiss so far.
Very disappointing.
;-O

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I work for the general as an estimator. We did everything through drywall.
I had rough electrical, plumbing, heat pumps, and drywall finishing subbed. I was there nearly every day. I did everything after drywall solo.
Just heard back from the drywaller - no idea.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No screen doors. I installed Euroline Tilt-and-Turn (They are incredible doors and windows).

I did the garage doors myself.

I like the grommet/eyelet ideas. But I can't see how that would work.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.