LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Tonight I finished up my first four half blind dovetails for some drawers I am building. Not to brag, but the sockets I cut for the dovetail sides are a thing of beauty. Smooth, square, even, you know, the entire nine yards of perfect half blind dovetail sockets. Clearly I am a master at this.

Chris Schwarz would be so impressed he would poop a cupcake, Roy Underhill would take his hat off and bow to my overwhelming show of chisel dexterity, Frank Klausz would have hung his saw up in utter futility, Rob Coseman would have shaken his head and walked away muttering, why, why why?

With all this socket goodness, too bad that the workshop gremlin came out and switched my tail boards. Not a single tail board I previously cut really fits the sockets I just cut in the drawer fronts.

This is about the only stuff I can think of that can even come close to closing up the gaps:

Spray foam is the new sign of quality furniture making, right?

Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.