LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Angle grinders, hand tools, dremels, chain saws it all depends on how much you have to hog out. I don't do a lot of carving but i am sure there are a few others that can help with grits and tools. A pic or project you are interested in might help getting some pointers.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its they style of greg the cajun box maker that im interested in. Ipthat flowing water feel.

I have a cut off of a walnut 6/4 slab that has a part of the bark side attached, but missing the bark, it would make a great floating shelf if i just exagerrate that area by grinding away some material in that wave tyoe aesthetic. I assumed an angle grinder would be best, but wondered which wheel to use for initial shaping. Whichever one i grabbed was used on metal before and just burnt the wood instead of removing material.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.