LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,679 Posts
Justfine,
I have given strong consideration to joining the woodwhispers guild for the roubo bench build. You even get a discount on the Benchcrafted bench builders set. not much though. I have not committed because I am not sure what the pace is and if I have the time to keep up. Plus, I like the Schwarz / traditional design over the split top/ knock down design they are using.

· Registered
4,679 Posts
Brandon,
Have you given consieration to the wood that you will use? I've talked to my lumber guy and mention the SYP from Lowe's and he strongly advises against it. Of course he would. However, he states that if you are going to go the trouble then why not use a nicer wood. After building a workbench the chances of building another anytime soon, if ever, are slim. Its hard to argue for the SYP.

It is a moot question if you happen to have 3" slab of seasoned oak laying around.

· Registered
4,679 Posts
The one detail about the "the bench in my head" is that I would like to taper the legs. slightly. Just in the front profile. Don't know why, buy I think it would look cool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.