LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,941 Posts
Are any of youse guys building the Roubo bench along with Marc (Woodwhisperer)? They have plans, video etc on the membership site, starting the build this month.

I am watching it, and there are a lot of features I would like on my bench (legvise and deadman) but don't really have room for another bench right now.

· Registered
1,941 Posts
Like my son, he takes requests and sings anyway…

Marc had a number of requests for benches, this one has been in the works for awhile, finally decided to build it. They are using Benchcrafted hardware, it is sweet.

· Registered
1,941 Posts
I am a member, there are advantages! Was put on a list of members who tested and reported on Bessey clamps - was sent about $580 worth of Revo and Revo Jr clamps to test and report on, plus we kept the clamps for the effort.

Shoot Marc an email and he will let you know what the schedule is.

I haven't been watching it as close as I usually do (busy) but I know the video comes out Friday (or maybe it was last Friday) for lumber selection, etc. He does a video every week during the build, sometimes twice a week if someone has problems.

And he usually has a session or two with the options (if you want to do it differently).

Although this year I haven't taken advantage of the site as I did when I first joined, it's still worth the $$.

· Registered
1,941 Posts
Guys, if you can get beech, do it. So nice to work with and the cost is not that much more. Very stable and makes a great bench.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.