LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
So ya I want to build a smoking device that has water in the base with a attached glass bowl and stem.

What woods should I do this with?

I will only fill with water to smoke then dump out the water, so say 3 times a day it has water in it for like 5 minutes.

Also what could I use for a finish if any?

Any input would be appreciated!

·
Registered
142 Posts
many years ago i used a 5' peice of bambo. i punched out each section thru the middle with a broom stick, not the bottom section divide of course. i then filled the tube with urethane and then poured it back into the can. this coated the inside nicely. a hole in the second section with a bowl and attached tube ran to the bottom. the Navy MP's found it before it was tested but I'm sure it would have worked fine.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL too funny guys

but seriously any help?

I'm not a big fan of using anything toxic as a finish especially for the inside

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Many….MANY years ago….I made a pipe out of Ebony. I have no idea about toxicity (I'm still here LOL!) No finish required, just sanded ultra fine till polished.

Damn….smoked MANY a bowl with that pipe….Ahhh memories….

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is my point yes you can buy a bong relative cheap, but when have you seen one as nice as something we can turn a lathe? People pay $500+ for clear glass, I know I did I have a roor 7mm and it was $700

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.