LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I like where you are trying to go with showing a concrete date and time of post instead of relative to current. Hopefully the computer gurus will get it functioning right.

I'm willing to put up with a bug or two when it is obviously targeted toward improving the site and responding to members' suggestions.

·
Administrator
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crossing my fingers it will work with the forum programming but so far it has multiple issues.

I will let y'all know as soon as I know more.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
From what I can see, I LIKE IT!

Instead of just "nnn days ago", leaving you to an impossible Math problem to find out WHEN, this NEW method spells it outright!

You can EASILY SEE when the last activity WAS without any Mind Games required!

I think it is a GREAT CHANGE!

EDIT:
Suggestion… Leave out the word "at" … just a space will do… it is implied… not required.

For the same Reason, remove the word "by"; just a space will do… it's implied.

Now, if this does not fit into existing screens, may I suggest that you change the Screen Resolution Setting on your screen, which will tend to give you more room on the screen to see more! It's really better than older resolutions.

Thank you, Cricket… GOOD JOB!

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
OH, I thought that was handled in the system a long time ago…

edit: Looks like it knows what My Time Zone is… Looks good!

You could also save some space by just displaying "14" instead of "2014"... for the year… We know what century we're in... :)

You might save yourself some grief by Removing "Today" and "Yesterday" replacing it with the actual Date that is being used for the rest… :)

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
Joe, I think you just happen to live in the same time zone as the servers. It shows two hours off of my local time.

For myself, Cricket, I'm not so worried about individual time zones-I can do the math. It might bug others that have more time differential, such as our European members. Of course, if it can show local time, that would be ideal, but even showing fixed Pacific time is better than the older way of relative time, IMHO.

·
Registered
19,961 Posts
"Time Stamp" is working well, here in The Green Mountain State, That's Eastern…..

I'm a BIG fan of the "New & Improved" time format!!!
Kudos to Cricket and the whole LJ-Techno-Geek-Squad!!!

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'd like to add that for those of us outside the US, the date format is all wrong! We are used to day before month. Please could you ask the programmers if they are able to display according to the date format on our own computers?

I've also asked previously if it could be possible to optionally display forum posts in (reverse) order of either date posted or of most recent reply. Personally I would prefer to monitor the forums according to when they were posted because it allows me to easily find and read new posts since the previous time I checked in. Those that interest me get added to my watchlist, which gives me a method of monitoring posts that are older. I do know, however, that many prefer the current order of most recent reply, hence the request that it be optional - perhaps by means of a "button" at the top where it already says "Start new topic", "View unanswered topics" and "Show all forums"

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.