LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I'm considering this combo. Do any of you have it? Like it? Better options out there?

I was leaning towards getting the 1000SE anyways (at $100) and building my own crosscut sled. I could probably save a few bucks by going that route, but I'd probably end up emulating the MiterExpress anyways.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I have the 100se I really like it. I use it for my router table. I just started building a crosscut sled for the table saw. I personally think that it is nice to have both..

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have it now….I bought the 1000se last year with the intention of building my own miter sled for it, well that did not happen and last weekend I ended up going to the Rockler store and bought the sled.
Yes the miter is definitely worth the price…extremely accurate and very simple and straightforward to install/use. The sled takes a little longer to setup initially but it is easy too.
Strong recommendation from me.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have that combination also. I feel it gives me more stability, repeatability and control. It's also essentially like a zero clearance insert, so small and thin pieces can easily be made. I use it all the time and think it's a good product.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I may stand alone as the only person who did not like their 1000se. I had a great deal of difficulty keeping it square. I had to check for square every time I used it and about a 3rd of the time I had to make an adjustment. Either I had a lemon or I was doing something wrong because everyone else likes their Incra miters.

FWIW - I stashed it and bought an Osborne.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I love my 1000SE. It's very easy to adjust to angles, then back to 90. I feel that I can always trust the ruler for measurements. I got it for around $100 and thought that was extravagant at the time on my Ridgid contractor saw, but it has been one of the best tool accessories I have ever bought.

I did build my own sled copied from a magazine. It's got an adjustable kerf so it even works with a dado stack. Some MDF, maple and jig knobs and you're good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.