LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It would be a real help to you all if I had a picture of what I'm trying to remember, but alas, I don't. Can't find one either--because I can't remember what it's called!

It has two pieces. One of the pieces is a metal cylinder with a threaded hole through it. The other is a bolt that fits that threaded hole.

In one of the two parts to be joined, you drill a hole the size of the cylinder. In the other piece, you drill a hole for the bolt. When the two parts are fitted together, the bolt hole is at 90 degrees to the cylinder hole. You then put the cylinder into the one hole, put the bolt through the other hole, get the bolt to thread into the hole in the cylinder, and tighten.

They're especially handy when you're butting the end grain of one part against the side of another part and for whatever reason you don't want to do a mortise and tenon.

Anybody know what I'm talking about?

·
Registered
28,289 Posts
There is a wealth of information on Lumberjocks...just ask and you will be amazed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts