LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
6981 - 7000 of 7109 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,133 Posts
California Will Allow Human Composting After Death to Combat Climate Change

Citing the high CO2 emissions associated with cremation, the bill will give people the option to give their dead remains over to a process known as natural organic reduction (NOR) should they not want to be buried or cremated.
“The process involves placing the body inside a long, reusable steel container along with wood chips and flowers to aerate it – allowing microbes and bacteria to break down the remains,” according to the Daily Mail. “One month later, the remains will fully decompose and be turned into soil.”

Instead of cemeteries, we could have tree farms to visit...
Plant Sky Ecoregion Tree Natural landscape

·
Administrator
3,129 Posts
I was watching one of those "who dun it" investigator shows here awhile back and the searchers searched the whole (large) farm where they were very certain the body was burried 15-20 years earlier. (I forget the time frame).
and someone said; "we've searched the whole farm inch-by-inch and nothing" - - - one guy looked out into the vast empty farmland at one lone tree . . . . and said, did you look under that tree ??
Bingo - they found some of the remains of the person they were looking for and the case hinged off of that.
So, if someone jumped through all the red tape, I would imagine they might actually be able to do the "tree farm" idea and it would be a living memory of the loved one. (until the tree died). Then, that tree could be made into usuable lumber to make more keepsakes for family and friends.
Yes, there are already "organic cemeteries" around that burry you in a canvas sack with only a bare rock for the marker. But, a living tree to visit just seems to have a more emotional connection.

·
Premium Member
33,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,984 ·
There IS a young lady, who will turn 21 in December...that is rocking the music scene....Melodia Cristea...

A plane has been cleaned up, and sharpened..
Tool Wood Gas Hand tool Metal

Back when Gage Tool Co. was being controlled by Stanley Tool Works....This is a #4 sized smoother...9" long, with a 2" wide iron...

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
You guys have been chatty the past few days. I made it to this world of the new site, taking me a bit to figure everything out, but so far liking it.

Ozark Jim - Did you have another handle on the old site? I am thinking yes. I have been searching for the buddies that i accumulated and found most, I think I am missing a few here.

Bandit the kitchen looks good.

Bob, I delt with that dilatation last month during the eye exam, i swear it took about 4 hours to get back to normal.

DW, that sign about being Blessed, looks great.

·
Premium Member
11,133 Posts
You guys have been chatty the past few days. I made it to this world of the new site, taking me a bit to figure everything out, but so far liking it.

Ozark Jim - Did you have another handle on the old site? I am thinking yes. I have been searching for the buddies that i accumulated and found most, I think I am missing a few here.

Bandit the kitchen looks good.

Bob, I delt with that dilatation last month during the eye exam, i swear it took about 4 hours to get back to normal.

DW, that sign about being Blessed, looks great.

Eric- glad to see you back with us...

·
Registered
11,316 Posts
I just tried to post a few photos of the bench progress. Took forever to find the workbench smack down thread and then a real pain to figure out how to put some text in the post. It would be nice if there was a single chronological thread for everything. Seems like so much content is scattered around to various topics and a bit difficult to locate. It's going to take time getting use to this new system, at least for me.

·
Premium Member
28,515 Posts
What happened to Fall? It's 99° today, and it's gonna hit 99° again tomorrow down here in the Dallas area. And it's humid for a change which brings that heat index way up. Mosquito's everywhere too.
yeah mid 80's here going up to about 90 on sunday monday.and yeah the mosquitos are real bad right now.hell i got bit 3 times before i left work,in my office !!!!

• Wow
Reactions: bandit571

·
Premium Member
28,515 Posts
I just tried to post a few photos of the bench progress. Took forever to find the workbench smack down thread and then a real pain to figure out how to put some text in the post. It would be nice if there was a single chronological thread for everything. Seems like so much content is scattered around to various topics and a bit difficult to locate. It's going to take time getting use to this new system, at least for me.
dont worry we'll all get where we need to be or want to be.

• Helpful

·
Premium Member
11,133 Posts
is it just me or does it seem like everyone is being nicer to each other ? but will it last ? 😏 maybe because were all too busy trying to get used to the forum ?
The site has done a terrific job on social control as compared to the last one. Today, 3 people that I have blocked posted both here and at the Patio. When my block people post and If I want to read it, then I have to click a box to see what they posted. I did see their post and next time it will be better to just continue. Again, Pottz it is not your imagination.

·
Premium Member
11,133 Posts
Plant Twig Deciduous Tree Tints and shades

Astronomical fall began at 9:04 p.m. ET on Thursday, September 22, 2022, in the Northern Hemisphere, according to AccuWeather. This time also marks the beginning of spring in the Southern Hemisphere.

Could this be why the Duck has been posting...

Bird Beak Ducks, geese and swans Waterfowl Tail

·
Premium Member
28,515 Posts
The site has done a terrific job on social control as compared to the last one. Today, 3 people that I have blocked posted both here and at the Patio. When my block people post and If I want to read it, then I have to click a box to see what they posted. I did see their post and next time it will be better to just continue. Again, Pottz it is not your imagination.
well there are no more blocks,just ignore ! im not gonna ignore anyone because that would mean i cant see what they say but everyone else can.besides cricket says she is gonna hand pick some members to help her moderate.who will that be,we shall see ! maybe the forum will be a much more mellow place ? believe it or not i would love that to happen. 😎 and why are you using this large type de ?

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
well there are no more blocks,just ignore ! im not gonna ignore anyone because that would mean i cant see what they say but everyone else can.besides cricket says she is gonna hand pick some members to help her moderate.who will that be,we shall see ! maybe the forum will be a much more mellow place ? believe it or not i would love that to happen. 😎 and why are you using this large type de ?
I vote for ANATIDAEPHOBIA!

6981 - 7000 of 7109 Posts