LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
6961 - 6980 of 7107 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Most electricians need that book for 3 way and god forbid a 4-way switches ;))
Have to admit, I have never run into a 4 way switch setup. At what point is it easier to use relays?

The electrician and I actually used relays on the main lights of our church. You could switch on the lights with a normal switch at both the front and back of the Sanctuary but when those were off I had a control board that could set scenes (dim lights, move spot lights etc...).

·
Premium Member
25,660 Posts
A 4-way switch is to add more switch locations between 3-ways. I do not recall ever seeing one in a commercial building, just residential. One instance that did not work they had a double pole switch instead of a 4-way :)

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
What happened to Fall? It's 99° today, and it's gonna hit 99° again tomorrow down here in the Dallas area. And it's humid for a change which brings that heat index way up. Mosquito's everywhere too.
In Phoenix we say almost the exact same thing, except it goes more like this;

“It cooled down to 99 degrees outside. Fall must be almost here!”

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
I like that we can now Like the posts that we like, although the function is kinda teenagery and I will not use it.

Another cool new addition is the Strike-through feature, ctrl+S. Hey, that is not a bad name for a band!

And we can now Remove formatting too, whatever that means.

Red sky in morning, sailors take warning. Yay, I dont have to water all the plants that need watering, God will do it for me today. It is good I am not a sailor.

Friends are one thing. People you can trust without doubt, in any matter, are a whole nuther enchilada. They are very rare species, like the ancient gold coin laying out in the farmers field that seldom is found.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
You fine gentlemen sure are quiet. But since we can't talk amongst ourselves here about something that just happened without getting into trouble. Maybe we can talk about something old????? I'm old and retired. How about y'all?
Old stuff, like most of us, is way more interesting than stuff that isnt old yet. Amirite?
Definition of Old: when slippers become important add-ons.

Here is an Old topic we could talk about - without getting in "trouble" -

Who was the greatest female vocalist of all-time?

My vote - Aretha Franklin. You betta Think! Think!

Of course, Ella Fitzgerald tops all the Lists, but Aretha had more ooomph.
And Diana Ross was just, well, you know, or you dont.
Whitney Houston is up there too, she crashed and burned too early to achieve monumental stature.

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
I notices a while back some panic merchants carrying on about electricity supply with the gradual increased demand for EVs... Stop panicking, you've probably got a few of these in your modest household,
Sleeve Gesture Font Audio equipment Smile

You can now go and buy a couple of EVs for all your kids and maybe one for the mistress.

To think, the power companies are trying to get me committed for my brilliant suggestion!

·
Premium Member
33,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,977 ·
Top of the Morning to ya...and the remains of the day to meself...pills taken, waiting on BOTH eyeballs to fully wake up..

3+ Yard Sales to go and Plunder today...."the Game is a-foot, Watson!"

·
Premium Member
11,133 Posts
I notices a while back some panic merchants carrying on about electricity supply with the gradual increased demand for EVs... Stop panicking, you've probably got a few of these in your modest household,
View attachment 3853238
You can now go and buy a couple of EVs for all your kids and maybe one for the mistress.

To think, the power companies are trying to get me committed for my brilliant suggestion!
Head Hand Arm Plant Human body

6961 - 6980 of 7107 Posts