LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
4,220 Posts
many years ago, never used it and am now discovering how useful it is. I am sure you all have a similar story. There is another thread going asking which tool is your most useless. Let's start another thread with which tool have you recently found useful that you didn't use in the past. BTW, watch where yours hands and fingers are when using this hole making device. :-(

Bandsaws Milling Drill presses Wood Tool

Attachments

·
Registered
32,187 Posts
I have used a boring head on a Biridgeport mill a lot. However, both the boring head and the Bridgeport mill are made for it and can take it. I will never use one of those kinds of hole cutters on a drill press - especially an inexpensive drill press. They can definitely hurt you and don't do a drill press spindle any good either, IMHO.

helluvawreck aka Charles
http://woodworkingexpo.wordpress.com

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I have only wood worked for two years now, but the tool that I find most use out of that I didn't when I started, is the plain old hand screw clamp. There are so many uses for it. Just got four more in the biggest size.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Let s start another thread with which tool have you recently found useful that you didn t use in the past.

- DKV
5 years ago I bought a spray gun just to have around ,didn't look well made so I just never touched it, never took it out of the package until yesterday when I thought of spray painting my new project so I took it out ,took a good look at it and realized I was right ,it is a POS,put it back in it's package & put it away for another few years until I forget .

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
I have a bit like that one with a carbide cutter, which I used for cutting bathroom tile for a tub surround Faucet.

Favorite tool has been the 12 inch disk sander from Harbor Freight. Been surprised how much I have used it to tweak miters, round over dowels, etc

·
Banned
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys, I'm really happy to hear your thoughts on the hole cutter I have pictured but the "hole" purpose of this thread is to tell us about those tools you have purchased, never used and then found a use for. In other words, tools that have progressed from the nonuse category to the "oh, shit I couldn't do without it category". Know what I mean, bean?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I had a pair of my grandfathers fencing pliers a real nice set and they had just been sitting in my tool box forever, then I started getting some pallets in and door frames with those giant staples in it and I have not stopped using the things are awesome for pulling out almost anything and the jaws and hook are incredibly powerful at removing any nails and it even has a hammer face to hit crap with I reach for these things all the time now.

For reference:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Great thread!
Wooden bow saws. Inherited one from my dad in about 1986 and have hauled it around over the years thinking that it looked nice and had some history to it. It wasent until a few years ago when i learned about Tage Friid and the way he worked that its potential was revealed to me. Filed the old blade and was impressed how well it sawed. Now use it a lot and have bought others to accompany it.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.