LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts
Jenn... it's ready for Sunday!

well, here it is…
Martin says that mistakes are just opportunities to become smarter.
I must be brilliant now!

The table is pretty much finished. Might throw a layer of wax on top of it. We'll see.

Lots of "oops" and "huhs" and "how did that happens" in it but it's a table and it's made by me and it's a present.. and she will love it.

Nice job Debbie. It has the look of a craftsman or mission style, but a more clean modern line.

well, here it is…
I must be brilliant now!

The table is pretty much finished. Might throw a layer of wax on top of it. We'll see.

Lots of "oops" and "huhs" and "how did that happens" in it but it's a table and it's made by me and it's a present.. and she will love it.

Very nice. I am still waiting to see you build a Maloof Chair.

well, here it is…
I must be brilliant now!

Deb…I love the go for it attitude. I don't think anything is beyond you. Very nice. I don't think we'll be waiting long Wayne.

Discussion starter · #24 ·

well, here it is…
I must be brilliant now!

Tom, what you are looking at is a hole-a shelf for, whatever :)

thanks everyone.

ha.. a chair!! lol
lol
lol
yah.. that's a funny one :)

well, here it is…
I must be brilliant now!

Yeah, I'm pretty clear on the hole part. :)

well, here it is…
I must be brilliant now!

I think it is just peachy, Debbie. It's not a hole… It's umm… a cubby. Yeah, that's it. A cubby. ;)

Tom, you should fashion a festoolian-dowelmaxish-space-time-continuum-web-slinging solution and send it through the tool share.

well, here it is…
I must be brilliant now!

That is if it's really required…

Discussion starter · #28 ·

well, here it is…
I must be brilliant now!

a cubby!! perfect description.
Now, when I give it to my daughter I can call it by its proper name.

And… actually…... since I don't know how to fasten on the top I once again put it on a hinge-just in case something gets pushed to the back of the "cubby" ... she can lift the lid and retrieve it.. yah.. that was the plan. It wasn't that I didn't know HOW to attach the top-it was the PLAN !!!

hehe Mot….. so what do you want a close-up of??
(Not that I'm providing close-ups-you will be able to see my attempts at covering up my "oops")

well, here it is…
I must be brilliant now!

Great job Debbie,
You keep getting better all the time.
Here's what you can use to fasten a tabletop. You just have to cut a saw curf on the aprons. You can also make something similar with wood.
Also this kind.

Discussion starter · #30 ·

well, here it is…
I must be brilliant now!

ah yes.. those "8" thingies… didn't have any of those kicking around…

I'll have to buy some for my "next" table ((shaking my head.. I can't believe I just said that))

well, here it is…
I must be brilliant now!

Pretty fancy for someone who's main goal was to someday build a box…any box.
Good going!

Discussion starter · #32 ·

well, here it is…
I must be brilliant now!

haha a box with legs :)

Thanks Dennis :)

Discussion starter · #33 ·

well, here it is…
I must be brilliant now!

Well, yesterday was the big day and I had to wait until 9:30 PM until she got home!!

She loves it, loves, it loves-and so kindly says that she doesn't see any mistakes :)
(Good thing it was 9:30 at night - and dark out!! phew haha)

Her hubby's response: there's NO screws????!!!!? wow.
:)

well, here it is…
I must be brilliant now!

How did you hold the hinges on with no screws?

Great table Debbie.

Discussion starter · #35 ·

well, here it is…
I must be brilliant now!

doh….. forgot about the hinges

now I'll have to make another table…...

(pouting))

Discussion starter · #36 ·
My Son's

This past weekend was a big event for the Roswell family, as we celebrated my Mom's 80th birthday.
Plans began early in the year and resulted in a family dinner on Friday night, with my younger brother surprising Mom by flying in from Arizona (after a lot of lies about why he couldn't make it) and with my son and granddaughter flying in from BC (it didn't even cross Mom's mind that he would make the trip). We also had a bonfire breakfast Saturday morning (for the past few months, we have been meeting around the fire pit once a month at 6:30 AM… we couldn't let my brother and son go home without experiencing this fun.) We also had a family potluck on Sunday, with all the relatives invited, and a final lunch on Monday before my son, Joey, flew back home. This turned into a birthday party for him (he turns 30 next week).

So…..... the secret birthday present.
I had planned to just give Joey some money, since his suitcases would already be filled with supplies that his wife had asked him to pick up for her while in Ontario.
But… as soon as he saw the skateboard deck that I built while interviewing Roarockit (veneering press kit) he loved it and it then became his birthday present-SURPRISE!! So my bench idea is out the window and it's back to building a skateboard.

He has requested that his company logo (EA Games) be put on the board and that's all… so that's my next project - to finish his present.

He has also requested that I build him a snowboard (his new sport, now that he's living near the mountains). He obviously thinks that I can do it … ha! We'll see.

Anyway, the weekend was a HUGE success, the skateboard was a surprise success, and now.. sadly.. my son is back in BC. But it was nice to be able to hug him, after a year of being away…

Oh-and I now have 10 pages of PULSE items to catch up on !!!

My Son's

This past weekend was a big event for the Roswell family, as we celebrated my Mom's 80th birthday.
Plans began early in the year and resulted in a family dinner on Friday night, with my younger brother surprising Mom by flying in from Arizona (after a lot of lies about why he couldn't make it) and with my son and granddaughter flying in from BC (it didn't even cross Mom's mind that he would make the trip). We also had a bonfire breakfast Saturday morning (for the past few months, we have been meeting around the fire pit once a month at 6:30 AM… we couldn't let my brother and son go home without experiencing this fun.) We also had a family potluck on Sunday, with all the relatives invited, and a final lunch on Monday before my son, Joey, flew back home. This turned into a birthday party for him (he turns 30 next week).

I had planned to just give Joey some money, since his suitcases would already be filled with supplies that his wife had asked him to pick up for her while in Ontario.
But… as soon as he saw the skateboard deck that I built while interviewing Roarockit (veneering press kit) he loved it and it then became his birthday present-SURPRISE!! So my bench idea is out the window and it's back to building a skateboard.

He has requested that his company logo (EA Games) be put on the board and that's all… so that's my next project - to finish his present.

He has also requested that I build him a snowboard (his new sport, now that he's living near the mountains). He obviously thinks that I can do it … ha! We'll see.

Anyway, the weekend was a HUGE success, the skateboard was a surprise success, and now.. sadly.. my son is back in BC. But it was nice to be able to hug him, after a year of being away…

Sounds like good old family fun. Always nice to see the kids that live a long ways off. Happy Birthday to Mom!

My Son's

Check out these guys for info on how to build skis (or snowboards)

My Son's

Nice!

My Son's

Debbie -

What a cool story and blog to share! If you put the EA logo on a board consider making a decal - let me know if you want help. I will even make a decal for you since I passed my shop inspection!

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.