LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Being the web entrepeneur my dog thinks I am, I opened a company Facebook page for my business, New Mission Workshop, hoping to gain customers and design ideas.

Of course, I need "fans" of my page - and yes, I'm asking you to become a fan! You simply have to hit my page, and hit the "Become a fan" button. Maybe I can be the point man here for us LJs here and give advice on how to grow your business via Facebook. So please, if you be so kind…. ;)

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Now that you've started this, I'm wondering how many LumberJocks have fan pages. I've got one here. And as Fan Pages are a sort of viral advertising, the more fans the better. I'll welcome any fans from here, and glady repay the favor in kind.

·
Registered
474 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I fanned all of you.
Also I thought I would pass on a tip I learned about facebook pages.
If you go to http://www.facebook.com/username/ you can get a username for your facebook page so the URL isn't full of "garbage".
Go to the link at the bottom of the page it will say something like "Set a username for your Pages." click on that or your awesome name will become your personal sites username.
If you do, then you and your fans only have to remember a simple URL like www.facebook.com/knwoodworking

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm pretty happy - 45 people in about one day.

Thinking more about this, I can see how this can get big really fast - exponentially, in fact. Here's why: Everytime I make a post on the page, it shows up on the page of my "fans". Not only does the fan see it; but so can that fan's friends as well. Then some of them join; I put out another post - now those new fans have the message on their wall and hopefully that will bring in even more fans - and so on, and so on.

A little background about Facebook - they have over 300 million users registered. There are now 1.4 million Facebook Pages (not personal profiles or group pages) and they collect more than 10 million fans every day, according to the New York Times.

Furthermore, Pages can grow organically by word of mouth - the average Facebook user has 130 friends on the site.

I just ran a number - just for fun, I'm sure it means nothing - but I have 45 friends accumulated in 1 day (albeit mostly personal friends). IF I kept that rate of growth up for one year, I will have 16,425 fans of my biz! I realize that's highly subjective, but what the heck, who knows?

Have YOU become a fan yet? You can do it here.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've set up a paid ad (gulp) on Facebook - we'll see how that works out. If you haven't become a fan already, please do so…I'll think you'll find what I put up worth reading!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.