LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Hunting for burl!

Hey everyone, It has been a while. Just slammed with cutting burl.
I was walking a friends property looking for burl and had my camera man tag along. Check it out.
HUNTING FOR BURL
"

I saw this one in Oregon when I was there last summer.
Trunk Terrestrial plant Plant Natural landscape Watercourse

Sorry about the picture being sideways, I'm not able to rotate from my iPhone!

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hunting for burl!

I was walking a friends property looking for burl and had my camera man tag along. Check it out.
HUNTING FOR BURL
"

that is a nice one for sure. It is hollow though just because of the big funnel that has held water for years. The center is out of this one. Would still love to have it! :)

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Hunting for burl!

HUNTING FOR BURL
"

You will probably not be able to get this one as it is in a parking lot at Bridal Veil Falls State Park east of Portland.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Hunting for burl!

HUNTING FOR BURL
"

Dont get as bad as me and look for them while you drive! LOL

·
Premium Member
25,690 Posts
Hunting for burl!

HUNTING FOR BURL
"

Oregon has a burl plague or something like that. I never see them in the WA woods ;-((

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Hunting for burl!

HUNTING FOR BURL
"

FUN FUN FUN Stuff! I wish I had had time to stop and visit you when I was driving through Grant's Pass on a westcoast visit. You live in some of the most beautiful woodlands that one could wander through.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hunting for burl!

HUNTING FOR BURL
"

Greg, thanks for taking us along. Would have loved to hear the names of the different trees in the video.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Hunting for burl!

HUNTING FOR BURL
"

That kind of makes me want to take a saw along and start cutting the wild burls I often see here in central Arkansas…

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Hunting for burl!

HUNTING FOR BURL
"

Hopefully on property that you own or have permission to be on. LOL!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
What Is A Burl?

Another New Video just up loaded on Youtube. Would love Your comments and suggestions for possible other topics.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Crazy Color Madrone Burl

I just had to show you buddies this Madrone. I was not expecting much but Wow! Was I wrong. Flame Box Elder Move over! I was totally surprised when I saw the inside.

Sleeve Wood Organism Trunk Art

Wood World Trunk Tints and shades Art

Wood Road surface Gas Trunk Asphalt

Attachments

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Crazy Color Madrone Burl

I just had to show you buddies this Madrone. I was not expecting much but Wow! Was I wrong. Flame Box Elder Move over! I was totally surprised when I saw the inside.

Sleeve Wood Organism Trunk Art

Wood World Trunk Tints and shades Art

Wood Road surface Gas Trunk Asphalt
WANT

but couldn't even afford the postage.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.