LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
Not really woodwork I know and I am posting in the forums..
Thought you all would like a few looks at the Utes of Australia..
So here goes….
This vid was taken last Saturday in Caboolture at the Beaut Ute Muster… part of the Urban Country Festival.
After the show in the morning it was off up the mountain to the Maleny Wood Expo.

·
Registered
370 Posts
they are sure beaut utes

did we catch a quick pan past your old ford tilly there

Hooky

ps i cant part with my 20 year old rodeo ute even thought it has 600 thou on the clock

·
Registered
17,103 Posts
Hey Larry. Fun to see the Aussie version of custom cars and hot rods. I had a 1940 ford coupe with an Oldsmobile V8 when I was a kid. One of the members in our car club had a 1929 model A roadster pickup similar to the one in the video with a Dodge V8. It seems we have more than one shared interest.

·
Registered
7 Posts
May not have been woodworking but I loved it. Brings back memories from my youth. My first car was a 1932 Dodge Coupe. I found it buried under a mound of hay in my uncles barn when I was fourteen years old. That was back in 1957. That old car was in sad shape, the tires had rotted away and it was sitting on its steel rims. Ditto for all the electrical wiring and a lot of the interior. believe it or not the sheet metal work was pristine. He gave it to me and you might say I had to rebuild that car from the ground up. That car taught me a great deal. I taught myself how to rebuild engines and transmissions. I taught myself how to read electrical schematics and how to make my own wiring harnesses. I taught myself to do brake and suspension work as well as upholstery work. I spent every penny I made working on the family farms on that car but I had a completely restored coupe by the time I got my learners permit two years later.

After I got my real license in 1960, my uncle bought me a 1959 Triumph TR-3. The triumph became my everyday car and I turned my coupe into my first Street Rod.

Anyway, thanks for the trip down memory lane.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Larry,

Thanks for the vid, seems the day of the Ute is passing and that ute's are becoming more like pickups as time passes, which I guess is/was inevitable

The quick flash of your own beast, 63 Ford ?

tony

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.