LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have a small tenon backsaw and the blade is not straight on it. I first noticed that I was having issues with the saw binding in the cut and when I looked at it I see that it has a twist to it. Before I start man handling it I wanted to ask for some help. I have read a few things around the web but honestly don't understand what they are saying for the most part. Any help?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Provided the blade is not kinked, my understanding on this is that you can re-seat the saw in the back. I have an old Disston dovetail saw that has a slightly wavey blade that I picked up for what I consider to be a good price. Anyway, I haven't done the work to fix it yet, but I seem to recall that the proper way is to clamp the saw in a vice and tap the back with a hammer to more firmly wedge the blade into the back of the saw.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.