LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,733 Posts
Buyer beware. I purchased a Nova DVR XP lathe in 2011, and on 22 July 2014 I sent an email to Teknatool informing them a loud rumble can be felt and heard from the drive head while running in forward. When switching to reverse the rumble turned into a screech, with a large amount of vibration. Bearings maybe ? And, by looking at the parts break down, how difficult would it be to replace the bearings, or should I return it to WoodWorkers Supply for repair.

On 27 July 2014 I received directions on how to replace the bearings. I sent Teknatool another email asking if this work would be on my dime, because the lathe is inside the 5 year warranty period, and should I return it to WoodWorkers or Teknatool for repair - answer was no, they do not warranty the bearings.

All you Nova Lathe buyers beware: Read the 5 year warranty very closely - as mechanical problems must be reported within the 2 year period of sale to be under warranty. THEN WHAT THE HELL IS THE 5 YEAR WARRANTY PERIOD GOOD FOR !? No more Nova/Teknatool products will pass into my hands again! :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.