LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
So I follow a guy on Twitter known as @WoodworkIdea because he normally tweets funny sayings about woodworking. Recently I noticed he has been tweeting links to the TED site with over 16,000 free plans, so i figured it was just more of an advertisement than anything.

Well, just yesterday I noticed he posted a tagline that I recognized from LJs, check it out and see if you can figure out who's it is:

Product Azure Font Rectangle Screenshot

I believe that is the tagline of Lumberjock's unofficial mascot Monte Pittman!

So then I started wondering if this guy is just ripping off all of our Taglines and tweeting them out like its his clever wit?! If it's related to TED, I wouldn't be surprised, and it wouldn't be the first time he's stealing ideas and using it as his own.

I suddenly feel used… I haven't felt this way since college.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
The one above the one you highlighted is a Red Green line that he used to sign off all his shows with.

·
Registered
19,961 Posts
Soooo…...
Our Monte is really Ted???
Couldn't be possible…. Monte is WAAAAAY to busy building stuff!!!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sure did, Randy. I also sent him a link to this forum topic… Surprisingly he hasn't posted anything on here or gotten back to me on twitter. Typical TED i suppose

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.