LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi everyone.

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out. I recently purchased an old Delta/Rockwell 46-450 wood lathe and it is missing the quill/ram for the tailstock. I'm not even 100% sure it is the original tailstock as it doesn't appear to be exactly the same as ones I've seen in photos.

Does anyone have any insights has to where I can find a replacement tailstock assembly for this lathe?
The tool deck gap is 1.5 inches and the distance to center is 6 inches (12 inch swing).

I've been searching the internet but I can't seem to find replacement tailstocks and I don't know enough about other manufacturers to know if I could, for example, use a tailstock from a Grizzly 12" lathe.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WayneC - Yes and nothing specific for this lathe and not enough descriptions on what is listed to know if they would be compatible. There is a Sears/Atlas 6×18 listed but again, not sure if it would work or not.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MedicKen & WayneC - The lathe is old and I would say 1950-60ish. I took your advice and have a post out on owwm as well since there appears to be other people in the same boat. So far I've heard that any Delta 12" tailstock from any model will work on this, Yates-American J-line 12" series tailstocks should work, and even JET 12". However, I still haven't seen any replacement ones listed anywhere.

Best I've seen is the replacement ram part I'm missing (assuming nothing else is wrong) will run about 167-170 from companies such as Ace and eReplacement. Hoping to find lower cost options or some prices for newer full assembly tailstocks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not in a rush and checking around on the lists/auctions and local shops to see what turns up. Searching around yesterday it would appear that I'm not the only one looking for 12" tailstocks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.