LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Y'all. I'm totally new to woodworking. Haven't even done a project yet! I hope for my first project to be a work bench. I keep running accross the term "tail vice". Can someone tell me what exactly that is. I can't find a decent answer on-line. Also, do I need this on my work bench? The only vice I am familiar with is the standard screw the base to the bench top.

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
try to look at some of the benches in projectsektion
there you will see tail/front/shuoldervises and a cople more that I don´t remmember the name of
the tailvice is at the end of the bench and the front vice is nomaly lokated to your leftside
if you stand in front of the bench and looking at it the shuoldervise is also lokated at the leftside
but is going aut from the other end in a L-shaped form were the vice is atatsh to the short end of the L

hope you get my point and that it helped you

Dennis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.