LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I'm thinking about creating a coffee table for my next project. I was thinking of making a table which allows me to raise the top parallel to the floor, but the only mechanism I've found that does the job is quite bulky. I don't know what the hardware is called so it's making it hard for me to Google. Basically looking for something that is still as sleek and modern as the coffee table I'm hoping to make. Does anyone know what this thing is called or where I can find them? Was wondering if there is anything generally used for kitchen cabinets that might also work.?

I've pasted links to a couple coffee tables that are using simple, well designed hardware. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys, I found what I was looking for. It's actually meant for a kitchen cabinet but should do the trick. I'm not sure exactly how much weight it can support as it's not really meant to be a table top, but it might be worth a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.