LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just got my first table and it is awesome. The only issue I have is that I am going to make a small crosscut sled. The problem I have is that the tracks that come on my table saw have a little tabs on the rail so that the angle thingy "not sure what its called" wont fall when you are pressing the "angle thingy". I could get out the dremal and cut the tabs. Just don't know if that is the best way to deal with my situation. I need to add wooden rails for a sled. Hope anyone know what im saying. I will take a picture .
Wood Gas Electricity Audio equipment Cable

Attachments

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I have never seen those little "Thingys" on a saw. Don't know why anyone would used them unless it is to keep you from using a better miter gauge (little angle thingy) on their saw. That would be reason enough to not have that saw. The top appears to be cast iron. This is normal. They will cut easily. I would remove those but first I would make sure the groove is a standard width and depth.

·
Registered
9,172 Posts
Looks like a similar saw to what I had. If you want to use anything other than the crappy miter gauge that came with the saw, then you need to remove the tabs.. pretty simple with a dremel type tool and a grinding bit:

Wood Gas Rectangle Composite material Metal

Like you, I needed to build a couple of sleds and those tabs made things much more complicated than needed. I also added a router table insert that sat between the rails for the extension wing:

Wood Floor Flooring Gas Hardwood

Those changes along with adding a moble base made the saw much more functional.

Cheers,
Brad

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.