LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
An economical, accurate fence for my Craftsman table saw is what I am hunting for now.

I purchased my used Craftsman table saw about 5 years ago. The rip fence it came with is a low quality fence that isnt very accurate. I would like to purchase a replacement fence for my table saw without spending too much money. Do you have any suggestions for me? (New, or used-best bang for the buck.)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
15 years ago I put a Vega fence on a cheap craftsman saw and the difference was night and day. Not cheap, though. But the Vega was every bit as good, if not better, than the Unifence on my Unisaw.

Amazon has a lot of fences. Looks like the Delta T2 is about the cheapest, and has good reviews.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
What model Craftsman table saw do you have? Sears sells / sold a very wide variety of table saws, using different styles of rip fences, and there are a lot of models that do not have replaceable fences, but a good number of them can be upgraded…

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I have a Shop Fox fence and rails that came on a Grizzly 1023 cabinet saw. I have no complaints and highly recommend it. I really like the UDPE fence face. The fence is heavy, locks tight and is dead on accurate. Amazon sells the fence and standard rails for $202.35, and free shipping. Now that is a deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am planning on getting this delta fence for my 1970's craftsman. Every review I have read on this fence was good. I was originally looking at an accu-square fence but before I could get one they jacked the price by nearly $70. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I use the Delta T2 on my craftsman table saw. I didn't have to drill any holes. I love it and would recommend it. I got mine at Lowes last year on clearance for $129.99.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.