LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Greetings all,
I have 2 questions.

First.. what should i use to "slick-up" my fence. it is the basic type of fence over a square tube frame. it seems to be getting harder to slide.

Second…. has anyone ever added a shop-built micro-adjust to a saw fence? if so could you direct me to a picture or a diagram

Thanks,
Harold

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Flyingoak,
Get you a can of J&J paste wax. Rub it on the fence and table saw bed. I put about 5 coats the first time, rubbed it out and then about once a week, depending how much you use the saw, and any thing you want to slide on the bed or fence will be greased lightening.
Yes I have seen micro adjusters. but off hand I can't remember just where. Most of the saw web sites will have their version.
Rand

·
Super Moderator
1,212 Posts
Flyingoak,

I was going to purchase one of those at Rockler one day and as I picked it up the manager walked by and advised me against it. In theory it should work but - 1) if your rails are slick (as they should be) it slides fairly easily when you push the fence up against it, and 2) it doesn't give you a measurement, all it is is a scew adjuster. Evidently they had many people return them.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
You could make yourself a screw adjuster very easily - use one of those long nuts (sleeve nuts?), a 32 TPI bolt, and a clamp. Just clamp the nut to the rail and turn the bolt. The 32 TPI will enable you to easily make adjustments in increments of 1/32", or 1/64" if you go half a turn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.