LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Pizza boxes on a shelf with a bag of desiccant in each box to retard moisture … 2 blades to a box, separated by a piece of cardboard (the one they put the pizza on). Don't use a used box … a friend of mine delivers for Dominos and will get me all of the new (read: clean) boxes I want.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I keep mine in their original packaging. Some are in plastic "clam shell" things and others have a cardboard "folder" type thing. I keep them in a drawer dedicated to just them. The dado set is in it's own case too.
The wax that covers the teeth when they come back from the sharpening service helps to protect them too. I leave it on until they are needed.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
"I keep mine in their original packaging. Some are in plastic "clam shell" things and others have a cardboard "folder" type thing. I keep them in a drawer dedicated to just them. The dado set is in it's own case too."
I agree with Longhair above that's how I store mine.

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
There's a pic below of a rack that looks very much like my two racks.

Blade storage is somewhat analogous to blade cleaning….there are many appropriate ways to accomplish the task…neglecting to accomplishing the task is what causes the problems! Not cleaning and not storing your blades where they don't get banged up, severely reduces their performance and expected service life, which is really pretty wasteful when you think about the cost of a good saw and a good blade.

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
That's Funny LH….you're either faced with the teeth going in different directions or the names facing or not facing….darned if you do, darned if you don't! Mine has the teeth facing the same way….at least that way I know which direction to sneak up from. ;)

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
I have an old oak office desk and I use one of the divided drawers to store my blades. It works okay but then I only have a few blades. Sorry I don't have pictures of it yet.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.