LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've had several saws over the years, and I never use the stops for the 90 and 45.

It is too sensitive to how hard I crank the wheel changing the setting. Maybe a higher end saw (my best one was a 70's Rockwell) would work better.

Just curious if I'm the only one that moves the stops way out and ignores them. I use my digital gauge to set my blade every time.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I have an '88 Rockwell Delta Unisaw, and both stops are dead nuts on. I never check my angles unless I'm between 45° and 90°…. Seems like it's all in the proper set up…......... Jerry (in Tucson)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I spent 15 minutes calibrating my 90° stop to get it "perfect". After the first non-90 set of cuts, I went back to 90 and realized that some sawdust was interfering. Not by much but enough to bug me. So I backed off the stop and now just use an engineer's square.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.