LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
47K views 72 replies 27 participants last post by  doorslammer 
Tour of a lifetime

I'm a part of this great website because I am a woodworker and enjoy new adventures into woodworking with my LJ friends but my passion is for woodcarving. I have been carving for about 14 years and have taken a couple of classes from Wayne Barton the world renowned chip carver. Wayne Barton not only gives classes but because he studied carving in Switzerland he also puts together a 12 day Swiss tour every year. The wife and I have been saving our money for the Swiss trip ever since my first class with Wayne and this past Sept. we took the trip of a lifetime. Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

This trip is not like other tours in that there are no more than 26 people on it and you don't feel rushed because you stay two nights at each stay.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I was indeed pleasantly surprised with how much history, architecture, woodworking, and woodcarving that we saw. Switzerland is one interesting country.

If you have every thought about taking a trip to Switzerland then this trip is a must. This is a very reasonably priced trip.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
wow…since i cant travel and will never see this place i can say thank you for showing it ans telling of your experience…im sure you had a great time and will never get form anywhere else what you got from this trip…how beautiful ..word dont express the beauty here….if you have anymore you should post them and do a blog in different series…grizz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.