LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey there,

I'm working on a set of bunk beds and the plans call for gluing up three 3/4" thick pieces to form the legs. Basically, it's just a straight lamination of straight grain to straight grain on red oak. From what I understand, that's a pretty safe situation for gluing…right?

What glue should I use? From what I can gather from searching this forum, Titebond II would work just fine or do I need to get into the fancy resin glues (which I have no idea where to buy those in Edmonton)? Or maybe gorrilla glue?

Help.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Greetings Michael:... Yes--Titbond II will work just fine for what you're doing. But I would recommend TitebondIII. It's a better upgrade to the other. Most of the guys and gals on LJs use the TitebondIII. No need for fancy resins, and gorillo glue is a little messy…... you don't need it. Also… you can use Titebond III Extend.
It 'll give you several more minutes for glue up, so as not to have to rush too much. Hope this helps….later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.