LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
This was announced after the stock market closed today. The press release covers all of the usual topics: two great companies, complementary businesses, lots of synergies.

Stanley will be the surviving name, and their CEO will be CEO of the combined company. Stanley shareholders will end up with 50.5% of the combined company, and BDK shareholders will have 49.5%. Board of Directors will have 9 from Stanley and 6 from Black & Decker.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I know that Delta, Porter Cable, etc… have all gone down hill since Black & Decker bought them in 2004 or 2005 (can't remember exactly) I hope that Stanley doesn't follow suit considering their merger with Black & Decker.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Seeing that Stanley stuff is all over my local Walmart's tool section, I wasn't expecting them to be that good in the long run. Just please don't screw up Delta again, they seem to be releasing some good tools lately.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I only wish I would stop buying that darn B&D junk. I think I've finally learned my lesson after being burned way to many times to count.

Although Stanley isn't anything to get all excited about, they are a better tool than B&D. Maybe Stanley can improve the B&D line. Forget that, it's still junk

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
It don't matter who owns what, they all end up being made in China or the far east. Now someone opening a new tool manufacturing plant in the good old USA that would be news!!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Chunky C, I agree, I get burned by the Menards "Tool Shop" Crap but at least it is wicked Cheap and I can afford it as disposable, this week I posed a question to my Trim Carpentar freind, If I have a Northern tool Hammer drill ($12) and a Tool Shop Drill ($10) Both Corded, and a 2" forstner bit, and want to dill 1.5" into green elm….. Which motor burns out first? He thought about it then replied who cares They aren't Festool. Ha Ha Ha Ha. Anyway for the bigger stuff I have increased my budget and slowed acquisitions. Check out my Lathe reveiw titled "My new favorite toy"

·
Registered
114 Posts
Same as you guys. Their stuff is almost all for DIYers buying solely on price, and not knowing any better when it proves to be crap. It's such a pity really, because it must put so many off woodworking, and doing stuff for themselves..

ian

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.