LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
Selling a type 8 Stanley #7C plane that would make a great user for someone needing a jointer. Found it in an antique shop and wanted to give it a chance to be a user again instead of wall art. It has been cleaned, de-rusted and tuned up. Japanning on the body was mostly gone, so it was stripped and repainted. Sole has been lapped reasonably flat and the iron is sharpened straight with eased corners. Wood was sanded down and finished with just wax. Some of the naturally darkest rosewood I've ever run across on a plane.

Asking $90 plus shipping.

Smoothing plane Plane Block plane Jack plane Scrub plane

Plane Wood Block plane Rebate plane Smoothing plane

Wood Floor Hardwood Flooring Wood stain

Wood Household hardware Rectangle Wood stain Hardwood

Test runs show that it's ready to work.

Edge jointing white oak.

Automotive exterior Wood Bumper Auto part Metal

Full width, see through shavings.

Wood Rectangle Wood stain Hardwood Office ruler

Attachments

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
Looks like you got it, Paul.

And I've got a #6, so I figured a #7 wasn't a big enough step up from there. So, I'll use the #6 for shorter stuff and the #8 for longer.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I like my #8, and it doesn't wear me out too bad, but I just seem to have better control with my #7 than I do with my 8. Unless it's for flattening a really big piece like my workbench top, or edge jointing a really long board, then I reach for my 7.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.