LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,831 Posts
Ok RedSled. You gave me this idea! So after lunch I went out to the shop and pulled out the Makita 4 X 24 belt sander. Once I looked it over, there wasn't much :designing" to this one. A simple "Z" shaped piece of the sheet metal, and some more of my Racing duct tape".... WAA LAA …. no more dust blowing straight up from the belt sander!
Packing materials Gas Rectangle Electronic device Cameras & optics

Gas Electric blue Machine Auto part Fashion accessory

Office equipment Table Wood Typewriter Office supplies

Motor vehicle Wood Combat vehicle Machine Engineering

Wood Rectangle Indoor games and sports Recreation Pattern

Rectangle Electric blue Pattern Fashion accessory Recreation

Audio equipment Cameras & optics Gadget Gas Camera lens

Attachments

·
Registered
806 Posts
JoeinGa has done it again!

Oh boy, there is no stopping now the SPOONED PORT freight train from barrelling through Lumberjocks' keen minds from this day forward.

I can only guess that supreme accolades await the one who posts pictures first of their their sawdust- diverting SPOONED PORT circular saw. (Tracksaw owners can smugly sit this one out).

·
Registered
11,531 Posts
Ha ha ha. I love it. Great idea Joe. It's a shame that the manufactures haven't thought of something like this.
It must be in the tape. lol

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Now, that is a great idea. I used to criticize people who have a duct tape solution for every problem.. For the past several years though I have converted to the duct tape cult.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I did that to my nail guns back in the early 80's. It is too bad manufacturers don't build in diversion ports, but the designers aren't the end users….... Jerry (in Tucson)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.