LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
while cutting a normal, small piece of wood (2×1x20) today, the blade caught on something, shot straight up, made a really loud "THWANNGGG" and a piece of wood I wasn't cutting shot into the air, and passed me. A humbling moment. But now when I bring the arm down it's not in the slot. Which is weird, because the entire motor casing, handle, saw blade shifted completely horizontally about 1/8". Is this common, or is there a common solution to fix this?

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Never heard of something like this.

There are folks on here that are experts on miter saws, but I would think they are going to need some pictures and additional info (make, model of saw, etc.) to help you figure this out.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, yeah, that didn't even occur to me and my father's a mechanic, always getting the calls "so my car's making a hiss, what do you think?". The only info I have right now is it's a delta 12", I'll post a picture in the morning

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
That looks like it needs the 90° to be re-adjusted,I would look at the manual and find out how to calibrate for 90° and 45° tilt ,if that's the problem,it is very easy to do.
I would also check the fence and make sure is not bent,put a straight edge against it,there should be no gap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.