LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,820 Posts
That's an interesting concept, Jim. Might be quite useful, too.
My multi tools are Shopsmiths. The last one only cost me $400, including shipping.

·
Registered
28,280 Posts
Wow and it was built here in Owosso, Mich.

This is a woodworkers multi-tool, It was made in the early to mid 60s. what follows is information i got from the internet,

This easy to use and portable multi-tool was perfect for the new or experienced craftsman. It was invented by Larry Pugsley of Escondido, CA. According to George Hoddy, the amazing fact was that it was in production at the Owosso, MI plant from drawings, in less than 6 months. Also unique for the time, was the fiberglass carry case. Only about 5,000 of these were made during a five year period.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
That looks pretty interesting Jim, but I'll be hanging onto my ShopSmith for now I think. :)

·
Registered
118,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Roger I guess I'm close maybe DR.tool nut

Paul this thing would be a poor substitute for a ShopSmith and defiantly won't work as a Chevalet,but with your talent I think you could make beautiful art with a rock and a rusty spoon. :)

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
That's pretty cool! As hard as I try, I can't think of a reason I need this - wish I could. It does look to be a complete set. There are a few on eBay, but none as complete as this one.

·
Registered
118,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is a pretty cool tool Steve and may do some operations other saws can't, but for $375 it would have to do something I need to do on a regular basis.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.