Ridgid - R4512 (Rating: 5)

I just finished assembling my new Ridgid R4512 table saw, and checking alignment with the elegant little Woodpecker saw gauge I purchased at the same time as the saw. Run-out on the blade was about .010", but the run-out was a function of the blade, not the arbor's alignment. The fence was easily adjusted, and I left it open beyond the blade about .003". Although I have no operating experience yet with this saw, and therefore, can't comment on its accuracy, repeatability or reliability over time, I can say that I am really impressed with the saw's construction. In fact, I don't see how this saw could have been built for its selling price ($449 at Home Depot). My estimate of cost for this saw if made in this country is about $1600. The saw is made totally of cast iron, steel and aluminum except for the dust hopper and a few small trim pieces, and the fit and finish are ,as far as I can see, perfect. The saw weighs in at 290+ pounds! It would be criminal if a saw that looks and feels this good turned out to be a dud.
I made two additions to the saw's dust collection scheme to accommodate a 2.5" shop vacuum hose. A 4" galvanized elbow fits over the saw's dust hopper outlet, and a 9"straight section brings the dust collection out from under the saw to the left or right. A Woodstock W1044 4" - 2.5" reducer (Amazon - $4.65) fits inside the galvanized pipe for connecting the shop vac. I secured all connections with sheet metal screws, and hung the assembly to the saw with a small hanger strap tucked inside a 4" hose clamp (see pix -the hanger is just behind the skirt and attached to the saw with the cap screw in the middle of the skirt). To easily clear out any wood that might fall through the throat plate, and also to prevent buildup of sawdust in the saw's interior, I fitted the large inspection plate on the rear of the saw with hinges and a hasp. When I'm finished working with the saw I remove the vacuum hose from the reducer, open the inspection plate and clean out any residual sawdust. Total time: 2-3 min. This routine should extend motor life by allowing it to run cooler.