LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi
How come I have to sign in each visit now? It's not a big deal, I just liked the "open door" policy we had before.
Thanks in advance. My only real whine is that i spend more time here than in my shop now. See what I mean, it's almost 3 a.m. here now.
Ron

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
hmm…. I've never signed in and still don't. I checked account settings and there's no option that says you have to sign in each time or a place to turn it off. The only thing I can think of is that you have cookies in your preferences turned off on your browser. If you did then you are a new computer each time you access LJ's as you are not stored as a returning, signed up member.

Sometimes on PC's the spam and viruses are such an issue that people turn off cookies in their browser to help alleviate websites recognizing them when they return. But, they also let websites like this recognize you each time you return.

·
Registered
27,252 Posts
Ron, the only thing I can think of besides what Daniel has said is that if you switch computers you will need to sign in on the computer that is currently being used. But if you are using the same computer you should not have to sign in each time you log onto the site.

·
Registered
16,431 Posts
It is definitely in your cookie settings. Either you have cookies disabled, or you have your browser set to clear browsing data, including cookies, every time you exit the browser.

·
Registered
11,989 Posts
I had to sign in just to comment here …sometimes I do and other times I'm already logged in. Sometimes the banner reads Hello Dusty (or something like that ) and right now it says "welcome back". Also lately the site has been extremely slow to respond for the most part . I was trying to upload a few projects the other day and gave up because I couldn't wait any longer for things to happen. Is anyone else experiencing the jet lag between pages changing ? Thank you.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Guess it depends on your browser, in Firefox go to preferences, Privacy>Exceptions (find lumberjocks.com) click Allow. Close preferences, your done. This is on a Mac, may be slightly different in Windows.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I think the solution fow Windows and Internet Explorer 8 is:

TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS (from the menu)
On the GENERAL tab under the section labeled "Browsing history" make sure there is no check mark next to the option "Delete browsing history on exit".

You may have to sign in and select "Remember Me" or something like that for it to kick in.

·
Premium Member
25,692 Posts
I use IE 8, all I remember doing is checking hte "remember me" box. the only time I have to sign in is when I have been to LJ on my wife's computer. Hope that helps.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.