LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Functional Forms By Glen G.Guarino

If anyone is interested and would like to come to Glen's show. Here is the information.

He will have 20 pieces (maybe 1 or 2 more) at the show. All are designed and made by Glen, no factory or workers.

"Functional Forms by Artist Glen G. Guarino"

Opening Reception
Thursday, March 4,2010
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
New Jersey School of Architecture
At
New Jersey Institute of Technology
Weston Hall Building 9, (CoAD) Gallery2nd fl
Warren Street and Summit Street
Newark, New Jersey 07102

The show will be open through April 9,2010

Or
Marie Guarino, Guarino Furniture Designs

·
Registered
8,904 Posts

If anyone is interested and would like to come to Glen's show. Here is the information.

He will have 20 pieces (maybe 1 or 2 more) at the show. All are designed and made by Glen, no factory or workers.

Opening Reception
Thursday, March 4,2010
At
Newark, New Jersey 07102

Or
Glen - It would be great to meet you and see your work in person. I love your style. But I don't think I will make this one.

Thanks for the invite, you never know.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts

Opening Reception
Thursday, March 4,2010
At
Newark, New Jersey 07102

Or
I wonder why Glen calls himself Glen. Hmmmm….

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Signature Artist

Hi,

I thought you folks would like to read about this. We learned today that The Noyes Museum of Art juried Glen in as a Signature Artist. We had to submit 20 images of his work along with his Bio and artist statement.
This is so great!!!

Marie

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Signature Artist

Hi,

I thought you folks would like to read about this. We learned today that The Noyes Museum of Art juried Glen in as a Signature Artist. We had to submit 20 images of his work along with his Bio and artist statement.
This is so great!!!

Marie
Congrats! Glen does some great work and juried shows are certainly another feather in the cap.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Signature Artist

Hi,

This is so great!!!

Marie
I agree with both comments above. Way to go Glen. Do they purchase a piece for the permanent collection?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Signature Artist

Hi,

This is so great!!!

Marie
Hi Guys,

Having a piece in a museum's permanent collection would be great, but right now most museums are very cautious because of funding. Being a Signature artist gives me more visibility allowing me to show more work at the museum level. I'm working on some new pieces now and will decide what to submit for inclusion in the Sept show. I'll add whatever I do send on my Lumberjock page.

New Jersey usually runs 2 museum shows a year, 1 in Fine Art & 1 in Craft. This year the craft show was at the Noyes Museum & Arabesque was accepted. I'll add Arabesque to my Lumberjock page. Our son Justin shot Arabesque last week for me.

Glen

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Earthly Pleasures

Earthly Pleasures is an online exhibition at Crafthaus.com curated by us. We received 65 fantastic submissions, sadly could not use all of them. Artists from Bali, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, Portugal, and the United States made the pieces we selected.

The artists in the exhibit:
Claudie Bastide, Harriete Estel Berman, Fred Johnson, Norine Kevolic, Tadashi Koizumi, Gabrielle, Kunze, Joshua Lynn, Warren Moeller, Tom Muir, Norman Pirollo, Frances Scott, Tom Skaggs, Robbin Smith, Frances Solar, Nick Taylor, Barbi Touron, and Craig Vandeman.

A show at Crafthaus has more of an audience then a gallery and offers a permanent stage to the world. We do love gallery shows, but at Crafthaus submission is easy, doesn't cost anything for members. In addition to our calls there are others you may be interested in. We were asked to jury shows at Crafthaus to encourage furniture & sculpture artists to exhibit.

Enjoy Earthly Pleasures!
http://crafthaus.ning.com/group/earthlypleasuresitseasytobegreen

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Open call for online show

If anyone is interested we have a call for work for "A Midsummer Day's Dream", an online show. The show will be hosted by Crafthaus.
http://crafthaus.ning.com/group/crafthausexhibition/forum/topics/a-midsummer-day-s-dream

There is no submission fee & membership to Crafthaus is not required.

If anyone is interested, submissions should be sent to [email protected]

When we receive a submission Marie will email to confirm receipt.

After we jury we email a document back to artists who are accepted with all written information that will appear in the online exhibition, an image of piece accepted & when the show will be up for artists to preview. We also send a note to artists whose work we cannot use for this show.

We do not share emails or phone #.

If anyone has a question let me know.

Thanks,
Glen Guarino

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Open call for online show

If anyone is interested we have a call for work for "A Midsummer Day's Dream", an online show. The show will be hosted by Crafthaus.
http://crafthaus.ning.com/group/crafthausexhibition/forum/topics/a-midsummer-day-s-dream

There is no submission fee & membership to Crafthaus is not required.

If anyone is interested, submissions should be sent to [email protected]

When we receive a submission Marie will email to confirm receipt.

After we jury we email a document back to artists who are accepted with all written information that will appear in the online exhibition, an image of piece accepted & when the show will be up for artists to preview. We also send a note to artists whose work we cannot use for this show.

We do not share emails or phone #.

If anyone has a question let me know.

Thanks,
Glen Guarino
I have been asked if woodwork can be submitted for our online shows. The answer is absolutely, as long as it is & designed & made by you. For this show there are lots of possible pieces that can be submitted.

We curate online shows because we believe it is an opportunity for us wood people to show the general public what we do & for the general public to gain an appreciation for our work.

Must get back to work, I am working on bookcases for a Greek Orthodox Church & prep for the Lie-Nielson Tool Event at Peters Valley in NJ. If you have any questions just send me an email.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.