LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
It wouldn't be a bad deal, but the router table is just too small. A nice router and a few bit, good bits, sure $85, and the table, though small, isn't a bad deal.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
All told it's a good deal if you don't have a router already and/or space to build a full size table. I started with a similar unit and eventually sold it in a garage sale after I acquired my table saw and built a wing into it for the router. The parts and pieces shown in the pic would retail for more than what is being asked, and I would start the offer at $75. All that said, what you spend needs to be weighed against your intentions and expected future, these tools are not top quality, and are frequently on the resale market because someone bought them and moved up & on to better tools, or decided that they were not needing to have them because they never used them. If you know you'll be doing heavy router work on a regular basis and have the $$$ then you can do much better spending a lot more $$$ if you'd like to have the tool in the shop "on the cheap" to learn with and develop skills until you out grow it $75 is an excellent purchase

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had to go to the mall after work so I stopped in Sears and took a look around. It was a good idea and got me to prioritize a little better I think. Dan, thanks for your input. It got me thinking!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.