LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
...... these aren't the biggest Pick Ups around right? Can you even put a 4×8 sheet of Plywood in there?

I don't know what the Load Capacity is for one of these Trucks, but it couldn't be anything great, could it?

Well! As usual somebody just had to find out for themselves.

I don't know where this guy got this idea from, but it seemed to work okay.

Have a look and see what you think.

Don't forget to express your thoughts. I MIGHT buy one, if they come in a Heavy Duty Model.

Rick

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Wow,that driver saved the lives of all those on board,must have been really hard to control all that weight on the little truck.

I would buy a Nissan Frontier,I know a woodworker who has one,two wheel drive,standard 5 speed does not use much more gas than my Civic but he loads that truck like there's no Tomorrow,he only wishes he had bought a 4 wheel drive instead of 2.

·
Registered
28,289 Posts
Good press for Nissan. I wonder what the force is on that front landing gear. I'm surprised he did not blow his tires. Tough little truck!!............Jim

·
Registered
118,619 Posts
Pretty fun to watch,but it;s not real.

From a comment posted on You tube

" During the first 8 seconds the LOWER RIGHT PORTION of the NewsHD banner and the screen, it SAYS: "Fictionalization. Do not attempt"

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Not even close! The gross weight of a 727 is in the neighborhood of 200,000 lb. If even only 1/4 of the weight is on the nose, that's 25 tons.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
I've got new truck syndrome but going to wait 2 maybe 1 more year, I currently own an 06 crew cab Tundra 55K miles and it's been and still is an awesome truck but 18 MPG highway and the fact I've had it going on 9 years is making me want a new truck but neither the Nissan or the Toyota are in my future, though Toyota are still very good trucks but their MPG has not changed and I'm just not a fan of the Nissan, I'm looking at the new Ford with the aluminum body for my next truck.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I've got a 2000 F150 150k on it. Never a priblem except tires and oxygen sensor. No need to get rid of it yet but I do have my eye on a F250 damn nice machine. Ford all the way for me, wife has a 07 Expedition, another damn fine machine. 100k on that and still gojng strong. No comunist Chevy or Ram in my future, Nissan's and Toyota's' always been good performers in my experience, had a few throughout the years. Not the strongest machines but good performers.
And if a Nissan can handle a 747 its worth loking into again. :)~

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Thanks for all of your comments guys. It would appear to be a Stunt or Ad for Nissan. Very well done though. Especially with the Testimonials from the other people.

Us usual on YouTube there are about 5/6 Videos of the same thing.

Randie: 55K for an 8 year old truck is amazing! I'm like you in a way. I've never bought a New Car or Truck and the ones I do buy I take care of. An 8 year hold is about average for me also.

Yep! Ford still has a good name going for them in Trucks. I think Carroll Shelby used the block from an F150 as a starting point for his F-150 to Blow The Pants Off of Ferrarri in the 24 Hour LeMans????

A buddy had a Cobra for 2 years. He thought he better get rid of it before he Killed Himself!

·
Banned
808 Posts
I ve had 2 pickup trucks over the years and 6 vans. For me the van is much more practical for my needs… keeps my lumber and projects dry and my stuff for the art shows dry and secure.

- Greg..the Cajun Wood Artist
Yeah, but with a van, the front wheels of that plane would have just rolled off! hahah

I've had a few vans, driving an 04 F-150 now with 169,000 miles on it. Ready for a new vehicle, I'm thinking a van again. Very practical vehicles.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bill:

You're a "Hanger On" also I see. Smart way to go! That's great mileage for both of your Vehicles.

When we had our Construction Company we bought a Used F-150 with a Big Storming 4 Barrel Carb and Stick Shift. That thing beat the pants off of a lot of guys who thought their Dinky Little Cars could beat me off the Green Light … LOL…. I gave it to my Partner Dave when we split up (AMICABLY!) It had over 100K at that point and was still running strong.

Couple of Pics below of using it and a Bit Of Bragging also. ...LOL…

The 2 of us built what you'll see below in ONE Summer from the foundations Up, to Weather Tight. Both are my Design. The Mansard is pretty standard. The one beside it is 2 Trusses, Field Joined at the Peak with 3/4" ply both Sides Bolted to allow for any movement.

No power. Just our Honda Generator, a Coleman stove and a Porta Potty in the truck. REAL Pain in the ass. The bag kept falling off. ...LOL…

Any body told me today I had to do what we did, .....I'd tell him he's out of his F---G Mind!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Wood Shade Tints and shades Bridge Roof

Building Tree Wood Plant Tints and shades

Attachments

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bill:

Dave passed away after a 35 Year Friendship. Every type of Cancer you can think of for over 2 years. BUT! Whatever Path Your Friend has to walk, you walk it beside him with Joy in your Heart and Thankfulness that you have the opportunity to do so.

This Post was going to be a "Joke Post" about "It might be time to get rid of the F-150" as per the Pic Below. But something else took over. I'm sure you understand.

Pic Anyway!! ...LOL… Thanks again EVERYONE for your Comments. It went Very Nicely Of Topic sort of.

We're having some GREAT Conversations here. That pleases me no end!

Best Regards: Rick

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Maybe just a Paint Job?

Tire Wheel Plant Car Motor vehicle

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Attachments

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Rick,
The paint looks fine on the old girl, maybe some lipstick and get rid of the brush tealring through the engine, and she'll do you fine. Keys are in the glove box, have a good time.

Friends are hard to loose for sure, I lost several to messy deaths over the past years and it tears you apart. Some I felt were my fault and hard to digest. I have a couple of friends that have been friends for a long time and those I cherrish. Some of the best times were out in the sticks nothing but a hole for a shitter and tolet paper was a cherished memory. You do your best when there its just you and the lumber.

Love my truck, it goes anywhere i tell her to and doesnt complain. Has a few marks from me being stupid but still looks good. Even if get a new truck shes staying around for the less then civil places I like to go. Right now she is still in El Paso she didnt make the move but will be here in a couple of weeks, she must be lonely. Daughter is driving her to Sheeveport in January, feel sorry for the poor girl, Daughter better not hurt her.

Bill

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bill:

YEP! You do the best you can given the prevailing circumstances. Kuwait must of been shear Hell! To me it's amazing anyone can retain their composure in those types of situations.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts your Daughter is gonna enjoy that drive. She's probably got a cell phone if something goes wrong. If not. GET HER ONE!!! ;-}

Rick

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.