LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Someone Stole My Bear! I made a black bear that sat on a post at the end of my driveway and held a plaque with my house numbers. I even changed the plaque with the seasons. When last seen my bear was carrying a bright green shamrock with embossed gold glittered house numbers. Someone took the time to unscrew the three lag screws that held the bear to the post before kidnapping (I mean bear-napping) him. His mate, a sleepy bear that was laying on the post next to him was left unharmed. But, to be fair, the bear left behind is in need of a day at the spa. He is showing grain in some unsightly areas that need to be touched up.

Anyway, I digress. I just cannot decide whether to be flattered that someone wanted him bad enough to go to all of that trouble or furious that someone stole my bear!!!!!

What do you think?

Don

·
Registered
13,760 Posts
college kids .
track them down ,
these are the future business guys ,
if they get away with stealing ,
where does it end ?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I'd be upset. It's obviously something that meant a lot to you and you had a lot of family tradition around it. It's a violation, IMHO.

·
Registered
998 Posts
What you need to do is make a plaque to sit on the post UNDERNEATH the bear, so if someone takes him off, theyll see a sign that reads "CONGRATULATIONS! You were just caught on closed circuit cameras" or somesuch :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.