LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shed Remodel: Extension, Barn Sashes & Window Boxes

My Shopsmith tools earned their keep this summer by helping me with some vital shed remodeling projects. Aside from having fun with my woodworking hobby, I have recorded video of these projects and posted them to YouTube.

I hope you find these entertaining! I had a lot of fun making them.

· Registered
2,671 Posts

My Shopsmith tools earned their keep this summer by helping me with some vital shed remodeling projects. Aside from having fun with my woodworking hobby, I have recorded video of these projects and posted them to YouTube.

Great project and love seeing the Shop Smith pulling it's weight to get er done.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Great project and love seeing the Shop Smith pulling it s weight to get er done.

- htl
Thanks! The Shopsmith has been a great solution. My space and time are limited, my options are not!

· Registered
166 Posts

This was a great series, regardless of the tools you use. Well done, Tom.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

This was a great series, regardless of the tools you use. Well done, Tom.

- MyGrowthRings
Thanks Scott! It's nice to take a look back and realize just how much woodworking has enhanced our lives and our home.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Woodworking Clamps Lost Secret: Or Marketing Gimmick?

I have been using Shopsmith's Double Bar clamps for years and really like them. Recently I saw a photo included in a 1980s Hands On magazine advertisement, showing what I believe to be a lost secret. At least I have never seen any content describing this technique before.

· Registered
166 Posts
Woodworking Clamps Lost Secret: Or Marketing Gimmick?

I have been using Shopsmith's Double Bar clamps for years and really like them. Recently I saw a photo included in a 1980s Hands On magazine advertisement, showing what I believe to be a lost secret. At least I have never seen any content describing this technique before.
I've used my Shopsmith Double Bar clamps for over 30 years and really like them, but the veneer press idea leaves me flat. (SWIDT?) I much prefer a vacuum bag.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Patriotic Marvel DIY Yard Decoration

I really had a good time making this on back in June of this year. I wanted to have it ready for the Fourth of July. I used two Shopsmith tools that I have never used before; the circle cutting attachment for the band saw to cut out the shield, and the biscuit joiner attachment to cut biscuit slots for the joinery.

Not the Captain America you were expecting? Read how Sam Wilson, a.k.a. The Falcon, took on the mantle of Captain America from Steve Rogers, https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/sam-wilson-captain-america-in-the-comics

Disney Plus Series, The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, https://disneyplusoriginals.disney.com/show/the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shopsmith Mark .5 Wooden Model: Woodworking Project Build Part 1 of 4

This project challenged me to learn new woodworking skills and practice existing skills. It seems like I have used every tool in the garage on this one; table saw, band saw, dovetail saw, files, belt sander, sanding blocks, drum sander, forstner bits, paddle bits, brad point, drill press, horizontal boring, Micro Jig Micro-dial and GRR-RIPPER. In addition this project finally forced me to begin learning lathe turning. Which means I had to begin learning lathe chisel sharpening.

Come to think of it, I don't believe I used the disc sander!

· Registered
3,477 Posts
Shopsmith Mark .5 Wooden Model: Woodworking Project Build Part 2 of 4

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Bumper Font

You can watch the video here -
Neat, fun project. The blade came out looking good. What is your plan for displaying it after you're done?

Attachments

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shopsmith Mark .5 Wooden Model: Woodworking Project Build Part 2 of 4

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Bumper Font

You can watch the video here -
Neat, fun project. The blade came out looking good. What is your plan for displaying it after you're done?

- Don Broussard
Thanks Don! I actually took it into work and displayed it in my office. I hope it creates a lot of questions from my co-workers when the office is fully open again.

Attachments

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shopsmith Mark .5 Wooden Model: Woodworking Project Build Part 3 of 4

The project continues with Part III. This project finally forced me to begin learning lathe turning. Which means I had to begin learning lathe chisel sharpening.

Sky Vehicle Font Motor vehicle Wood

Attachments

· Registered
61 Posts
Shopsmith Mark .5 Wooden Model: Woodworking Project Build Part 4 of 4

The 4th and final build video. I show more of my staining technique using Rit dye.

Product Wood Font Aircraft Happy
I love my Mark 5. But My wood working has become more smaller projects and carvings. It would be great if they really did build a smaller bench top model of the Shopsmith. I would buy if they did.

Attachments

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Harry Potter Themed Broom Holder: Woodworking Project

Woodworking project: Making a broom holder modified from a 1930's Deltagram Magazine with Harry, Ron, Hermione and Dumbledore.

Facial expression Paint Human body Textile Wood

Attachments

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Regular Broom to Halloween Broom: Spiral Cut Dowel Handle on a Table Saw

I make three brooms for Halloween costumes or decoration from a regular whisk broom. I use a spiral cutting technique on the table saw and Rit Dye to decorate the handle.

Happy Halloween!

Font Line Wood Rope Thread

Attachments

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quadralinear Woodworking Technique: Plywood Risers for Pop Figure Collection

Micro Jig GRR-RIPPER and Shopsmith together make it easy for me to construct some Pop Figure display stands using quadrilinear construction techniques. This technique allows my prefinished UV plywood veneers to face outward on all four faces of the Riser.

Glasses Hand Vision care Gesture Finger

Attachments

· Registered
126 Posts

Micro Jig GRR-RIPPER and Shopsmith together make it easy for me to construct some Pop Figure display stands using quadrilinear construction techniques. This technique allows my prefinished UV plywood veneers to face outward on all four faces of the Riser.

deleted by OP

Attachments

· Registered
3,477 Posts

Video link says it's private.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.