LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,341 Posts
Greetings jems: Changing out the size of the hose is not to make one bit of difference in the suction of the vac….. a little explanation here….. a shop vac is NOT a dust collector. It usually only has about 180-200 cfm pull. It works fine for vacumning up the sawdust on the floor or shop maintanance, but not for collecting sawdust and chips from tools like jointers, planers, tablesaws, etc. You need a d.c that has about 1100-1200 cfms for that kind of job on machines. If it were me, I wouldn't destroy a shop vac to try to gain more suction with a bigger hose…. it ain't gonna happen….. just my nickels worth of advice. Keep on keeping on…...

·
Registered
667 Posts
I have to agree with Rick, The shop vac was designed to operate with that specific hose size. Going bigger will only reduce its efficiency. Use it in conjunction with a dust collection system.

As Rick stated, the volume of air that a dust collector moves helps remove particulate matter. The vac is great for the cleanup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.