LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
21 - 40 of 2550 Posts

· Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Swab newbie. I ll be in.

Still trying to wrap up three in-progress projects, but they re all moving forward and I ve got some vacation time coming, so I ll get something put together. It ll be a surprise for me, too! Pretty sure whatever it is will be made with only hand tools, so that s something.

- Dave Polaschek
Hey Dave, are you primarily a hand tool user? The only thing I use machines for is to get pieces down to more manageable sizes then I do the rest by hand because I love it. It takes a little longer, but I enjoy it a whole lot more.

· Registered
5,099 Posts
It better be Incra T-track Kenny, that's all I use. Just saying.

Kenny you're in. I spoofed your email and signed you up already. Deal with it.

Jeff, you have no excuse but to be in on this. In fact, the bar is high for you since we know your work schedule now. Plus you got a planer now! We should see some good local woods come from you.

Really sad to see JayT go, I was hoping he would build another of those planes and he would get my name and all would be fantastic.

Glad to see some new people in this one.

Remember people, it's reveal time and teaser pics when you all sit back and say "Damint, why didn't I sign up for this one?!"

Don't regret it, just do it.

· Premium Member
7,335 Posts
I am. I have a cordless drill for small holes and putting screws into jigs, a big-ass corded drill for drilling Really Big Holes (1.5" holes for workbench legs, for example), and a circular saw, but mostly I use hand-tools. Got a new rip saw on order from Bad Axe Tools for ripping 8/4 ash or red oak into 2" squares for legs and tool handles so the circular saw will probably not get used much in the future.

My ears have been ringing since 1995. No point in making it any worse with power tools.

· Registered
21,780 Posts
Oh hell with it… I shouldn't play but I'm going to any way. These things are just too fun not to! I mean this is a HOBBY for me. So when shop time gets to be all work and no play, you gotta do SOMETHING, right?

I'll shoot you the email as soon as I place an order for some t-track Josh. And it AIN'T gonna be Incra Dave - I can't match the gold color on the cut ends as easily as I can with the red stuff and I'm anal like that ;-P

· Registered
5,099 Posts
Exactly Kenny. I've skipped a few before I jumped in and was jealous every time. Then had so much fun for the last one I couldn't skip this one. I really don't have time for this but it's too much fun and it's mostly a hobby for me and I want to make sure it doesn't always feel like work.

Good on you buddy. Red will work although the walls aren't as thick but it'll match just fine.

Ironman style!

· Registered
3,100 Posts
Jeff, you have no excuse but to be in on this. In fact, the bar is high for you since we know your work schedule now. Plus you got a planer now! We should see some good local woods come from you.
- ki7hy
Dave, talk about no pressure! I do have an idea driving me crazy to do. So cool, I may have to make one for me also. You have successfully twisted my arm, Didn't have to twist very hard though, E-mail will be sent this evening.

· Registered
5,099 Posts
Great guys! Glad to see you all in. Someone get JayT to change his mind or I'm going to have to make a plane except I'll add wings and a propeller and a blade for landing gear and it'll be ugly and probably won't work so he might as well just do it.

We are still missing several I hope to see chime in. My favorite LJer Norm (because he sent me a screwdriver and saw I've used many times in this short time). The Canadian, Kelly and the brass mallet, Bondo and his small parts bin, Allen and his awesome blacksmith skills…..I could go on and on. Seriously just sign up and I'll shut up.

· Registered
21,780 Posts
In all seriousness Smitty, I know I'd be happy if I were to see a Melencolia Square show up on my porch in a couple months. And, who has too many mallets? Anyone? Anyone??? No? Didn't think so. So yeah, the mallet you made for the swap back then would be welcome in my shop too ;-P

21 - 40 of 2550 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.