LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
202 Posts
Josh, I'm over in New Orleans so if you find a solution let me know. I too have a window unit for my garage and a fan to move air around but I haven't started working inside, I've been stuck outside until I get all the junk off my floor. The only way I've been able to get that room chill last summer was to leave it running over night and the wife liked that as much as leaving the light on in the restroom :D

· Registered
202 Posts
I'm in Nola, rain was minimal - been in Pensacola the past couple days and they've had nonstop rain since last week leading in to Cindy. Mobile was a mess coming through.

Between fathers day and multiple weekends spent getting house projects finished I'm feeling a little behind.. I'll definitely be in crunch mode this week, eek!

· Registered
202 Posts
I'm hurrying! Master procrastinator and I'm trying to do this swap between finishing up a home renovation, and father of a 1yr old. Needless to say my wife was quite surprised I opted in on a swap in a hobby to which I'm new… Also said I shouldn't embarrass myself and that I should get to work. It's great to have clearence to do something for fun, just wish I didn't feel I was in over my head!

btw, r3tc0w = reetcow, or you can just say cow and I'll respond, r33 just sounds weird ;)

· Registered
202 Posts
That sir is live oak - not sure how dry it is but it was a piece from a 100yr old tree in my neighborhood some new resident cut down for his pool… crazy. I figured if there was anyone that could work with it, it would be you. It's fairly fresh so I apologize if you have to wait 3 yrs until it dries ;) I was going to use another slab for the chops on my vise (whenever i get my bench built) since its a super hard wood.

I call it the Louisiana Stropper. 3-in-1 Tool, 2 Stages of Honing and 1 Stage of Cajun Mafia. Might even be able to use it as a cricket bat if that's your cup of tea. Not the most glamorous but hopefully you find it useful!

· Registered
202 Posts
I actually used it to finish a cut on a patch for an old door knob void, it was a circle, then I got afraid I was going to break it so I disassembled it and placed it back in the box until I muster more courage to use it on something else fragile

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.