LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Air filter

Drove out to Geneva today to pick up an air filtration unit for the new workshop. The painters have been complaining about sawdust in their art (oops).

The fellow I bought it from built it himself from scratch. Despite that, it is very well designed, probably better than most manufactured units. Twin filters (intake and outtake), fan and motor completely removable for service without pulling any wires or bolts, and it is pre-wired for low and high speeds with the flip of a switch.

Only negative I would say is the location of the switch (on the back of the unit). But as this thing is ultimately getting hung from the ceiling, I'll probably end up patching in a new longer power cord and put a secondary switch on the wall anyway.

at 2000 Cubic Feet per Minute, we'll see what the painters have to say now.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Air filter

Drove out to Geneva today to pick up an air filtration unit for the new workshop. The painters have been complaining about sawdust in their art (oops).

The fellow I bought it from built it himself from scratch. Despite that, it is very well designed, probably better than most manufactured units. Twin filters (intake and outtake), fan and motor completely removable for service without pulling any wires or bolts, and it is pre-wired for low and high speeds with the flip of a switch.

Only negative I would say is the location of the switch (on the back of the unit). But as this thing is ultimately getting hung from the ceiling, I'll probably end up patching in a new longer power cord and put a secondary switch on the wall anyway.

Congrats. Sounds like you will be helping to keep your lungs clean also.

Please post some pictures so we can get ideas to build our own.

·
Registered
27,252 Posts
Air filter

I have to agree with Scott. Air cleaners and dust controllers are two tools that are essential to safe woodworking.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Air filter

Yeah, pictures would be nice.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Air filter

Pictures please?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Air filter

also think of the air cleaner as an investment in your better health.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.