LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
You know, I ran copper with silver braized joints in my garage. Where the cars are. But when I redid the upstairs of the garage I needed to run air up there. Copper is so expensive now. I just purchased some long air hoses. they aren't very expensive and come with fittings already on the ends. I ran them like wire with staples. If you buy the plastic ones they won't rot over time like rubber. I connected them together with pipe nipples and teflon tape and they work great, Easy to install and not expensive.

·
Registered
248 Posts
+1 to Cotl. I use the plain old ordinary dull, dry, boring, blue airhoses sold by Harbor Freight that commonly come from a country west of the Pacific known to be a nuclear superpower. Don't attach them too tightly; depending on how they're run, they'll want to lay differently under pressure than they will when not pressurized. They'll need room to move.

Whit

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
When I bought the building for my door shop, it had existing PVC air lines. I don't recommend you use it. the ease of installation is fantastic, as is the ability to change and add lines. The line is frquently blowing apart. Then you have shrapnel to deal with. It is definitely a hazard. We are slowing replacing it with galvanized pipe. Don't use black pipe. It will rust over time which really hurts at 100 lbs of pressure as you blow dust off yourself. (Trust me, I know)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.