LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Some of you may recall that I suffered a stroke in April. I am recovering slowly but I accept that I will never recover fully. Partly due to my condition we are moving to a condo. I hope to do some woodworking, but on a very scaled back basis.

I am going to sell my larger tools-

If anyone is interested, I am providing a list below. I will gladly provide more detail and my asking price. I do not want to ship these tools. Therefore, this would only be practical for someone within driving distance of Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

I assure everyone that these tools are in very good condition and I am selling them cheap.

Jet 18 in band saw
Jet 10 in table saw
Grizzly 6 in jointer
Festool mini dust extractor
Isolating spindle sander
Grizzly floor lathe
Collection of lathe cutting tools
Delta grinder
Delta drill press.
Numerous jigs and attachments

Please send me a message

Rich

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
It is a shame that you will probably never get the real value back on the tools, hopefully some budding woodworkers will gain from your loss.
Since I got hurt 5 years ago and lost my home and shop all my tools are in storage waiting for the day I get my own place again.

·
Registered
19,961 Posts
Sad that you need to sell your shop….
Although it is better…. than someone inheriting them already!!!

I wish you well in your recovery.
That and I hope you are wrong about your return to woodworking.
Here's to wishing you having to "re-build" your shop!!!

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Sorry you're selling some of your shop, but downsizing means you'll still get to so some woodworking. Good luck with your sales; and, sorry I've already got pretty much everything you're selling, so I can't help. Best wishes and keep up informed.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Jet table saw is the 10" Pro Shop. It is in good condition.

I also have 2 dado sets. One is a 6" Freud dial-o-matic. I use that most of the time. I also have a 8" Avenger for situations where the Freud will not work.

Table saw $400
Freud dado set $100
Avenger dado set $50

I will throw in a combination blade and a rip blade.

If interested, send me a private message and I will respond with telephone number and directions.

Rich

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RDJ Yes, I still have the festool dust extractor. It is in like new condition. I'm asking $300.

If interested, send me a private message and I will respond with telephone number and directions.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Rich, sorry to hear you need to downsize after all, but I hope the new condo works out great for you.

I just sent you a PM inquiring about several of the tools.

I was just starting to think I have a pretty well-rounded shop and then I realized a lot of the tools you're selling are either things I don't have or they would be upgrades for me.

Best wishes for your recovery.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I m sorry to hear about your situation.
It is a shame that you will probably never get the real value back on the tools, hopefully some budding woodworkers will gain from your loss.
Since I got hurt 5 years ago and lost my home and shop all my tools are in storage waiting for the day I get my own place again.

- Dez
Dez, sorry to hear about your injury too. Going on 5 years, I hope you can get back on your feet soon. If your storage rental is likely to exceed the cost of selling the tools and replacing them later, you might want to go ahead and sell them. That's the only way to guarantee that you'll be back in action and wishing you had kept them!

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Rich - Sorry to hear about your stroke - I had one about 3 1/2 years ago. While there are no gurantees, recovery can go on for a few years. Hang in there.

I sent a note to my nephew who lives in the area. Don't know if he'll contact you.

·
Registered
208 Posts
No family or friends where you could store the tools your selling? I am positive that you will get better in time if you truly will yourself to do so. I know because as mentioned I was supposed to be dead over 2 years ago but I am not only still here but doing more and more as time goes by. I have no doubt you know already that you'll not get anywhere close to what your tools are worth and that when you do get better you'll pay 3 times as much to replace them.

My father-in-law suffered a massive stroke which left him bed ridden and paralyzed but within 2 years he was up and about again before he (due to his age) just gave up and slipped away a couple of months later. I am praying for you with the hope you do not give up. God Bless!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.