LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I mentioned in a previous post that I was going to be getting rid of some tools that I don't use much anymore. Someone asked me to offer them here before Craigslist or Ebay.

This is a Delta Mortising Attachment for a drill press. These things get a lot of bad press because they aren't as good as a mortising machine. The truth is that they aren't as good as a mortising machine, and they are kind-of a pain to set up. But if you don't do a lot of mortises and/or don't have room for a dedicated mortising machine, this will do the work. I've used this occasionally for a couple of years, but suddenly have jobs that will require a bunch of mortises, so I upgraded to a bench-top machine.

All of the chisels are new or nearly new. The 5/16" has never been used, and the ½" has gotten the most use - probably less than 100 holes.

I paid $85 for this at Woodcraft, but if you look around you can find them for about $60. All the original parts are included. I'd like to get $30 for it, plus actual cost of shipping. Too much? Make me an offer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I am new at this so this may be the wrong place to ask but I am also in need of a reducer bushing for my Delta mortising attachment. I have a Delta radial arm drill press and it has a 1.75 inch quil. the kit i got is missing that adapter Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.