LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Well the comany I work for is sending me to Seattle, WA this coming Monday morning (Feb 1, 2010) for 3 weeks so if there is an LJ that might want to meet in the late afternoon or evening… I will be sharing a rental car with another worker, (cheap company) but will try and make every effort to meet. I have been to Seattle a few times in the past and each time I am amazed that there are so many green trees there, (I hail from a high desert area in California, tumbleweeds and brush). I hear it rains there too! : )

·
Premium Member
25,674 Posts
Not so sure it rains as much as most think ;-)) Lots of gray days though ;-(( Holler when you get here. Going to be here on weekends too?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are right about the rain here eddy, I was driving home from work through some deep water and went to pass another vehicle and as I passed dang if it wasn't a bass boat with two anglers! ; )

·
Registered
124 Posts
Jed - The PNW is by far the nicest place in the US. I lived in Seattle 2 1/2 years working at the Pier 86 grain terminal. When I moved there a wise man told me… you'll find every weekend in the PNW is a vacation if you make the most of it! After leaving Seattle I moved to south central Nebraska…

Have fun!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Would like to meet with you but I'm on a remote job in the Olympic peninsula. The weather has been great lately as it usually is this time of year, then rain until june. Have a great time here!

·
Premium Member
25,674 Posts
Might be a different Seattle where it's raning. :)) Other than an occasional shower, the last few days have been spring. Lots of sunshine, partly cloudy, about 60 degrees. Gotta love the Great NW :))

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Right now I am in Wukwila near Seatac. This coming Saturday and Sunday, (13 & 14), I should have off any suggestions? I should be able to meet just about anywhere but be forwarned, I will be late in that everytime I leave this hotel I get lost… But what an adventure!

I went to the Northwest Finewoodworking Gallery in Seattle yesterday and it was great. I sat in an Evert Sodergen chair and pulled open drawers and doors of over a dozen more great craftsman-women. When there you are encouraged by the staff to touch.

·
Registered
604 Posts
That's Tukwila…. :) But that's OK, we're kinda used to people not from around these parts messing up the names. :)

If someone wants to put together a get together this weekend, I'm willing to drive from the peninsula. If you're near the Rockler, there's a few decent places around and about the mall.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dererk, no idea how I got that W in there! Famous Dave's BBQ is good and the price isn't too bad… I too am willing to travel if I have the car this weekend, (I am sharing one with a fellow worker).

·
Premium Member
25,674 Posts
I'm all tied up this weekend. Maybe Studie will be around?? Not sure if he has internet connection or not where he's working.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.